Swan Machine, a rapidly growing, family owned manufacturing company located in Perham, MN. Currently seeking a Setup Machinist who, under minimal supervision, sets up and operates CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Plan machining by studying blueprints, materials, specifications, and machining parameters:
- Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Configure mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points;
- Tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math geometry, and trigonometry, proving part programs.
- Load machine with work pieces;
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces;
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
- Troubleshooting processes; edit programs; replace worn tools; adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Meet production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity, and quality
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES EXPANDED: (include the following, however other duties may apply.)
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Properly and safely load and unload castings and raw materials in CNC machinery
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Recognize, deploy and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Understand and have the ability to perform tool wear offsets
- Perform daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
- Utilize and abide by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to move or transfer products with a fork lift or hand cart. Ability to lift 50 LBS. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high, hearing protection is advised. Safety glasses are required at all times while on the shop floor, due to forced air evacuation of metal debris off parts.
Qualified candidates should apply by emailing their resume to email@example.com